SEPARATION THEOREM WITH RESPECT TO SUB-TOPICAL FUNCTIONS AND ABSTRACT CONVEXITY
Volume 2, Issue 2, pp 113-125
Publication Date: May 15, 2009
- Department of Mathematics, University of Mazandaran, Babolsar 47416 − 1468, Iran.
- Islamic Azad University, Ayatollah Amoli branch, Amol, Iran
This paper deals with topical and sub-topical functions in a class
of ordered Banach spaces. The separation theorem for downward sets and
sub-topical functions is given. It is established some best approximation problems
by sub-topical functions and we will characterize sub-topical functions as
superimum of elementary sub-topical functions.
- Downward set
- Subdifferential set
- ordered Banach space
- topical function
- sub-topical function
- separation theorem
- abstract convex set.
1. M. Alimohammady, A. Shahmari, Superlinear separation on downward sets and characterization of topical functions over ordered Banach spaces., Optimization, to appear.
2. J. Gunawardena, An introduction to idempotency. Idempotency (Bristol,1994), 1-49, publ. Newton Inst.,11, Cambridge Univ. Press, Cambridge, 1998.
3. J. Gunawardena, From max-plus algebra to nonexpansive mappings: a nonlinear theory for discrete event systems , Theoretical Computer Science, to appear (revised version of technical Report HPL-BRIMS-99-07, Hewlett-Packard Labs, 1999).
4. J.-E. Martinez-Legaz, A. M. Rubinov, and I. Singer, Downward sets and thir separeation and approximation properties, J. Global Optimization 23 (2002), 111–137.
5. H. Mohebi, Topical functions and their properties in a class of ordered Banach spaces, J. Math. Anal. Appl. in press.
6. H. Mohebi, ,Rubinov,A. M. Best approximation by downward sets with applications, J. Math. Anal. Appl. in press.
7. R.T. Rockafellar, Convex Analysis, Princeton Mathematical series, No. 28, Princeton University press, Princeton, N.J., 1970.
8. A. M. Rubinov, Abstract convexity and global optimization, Kluwer Academic Publishers , Boston , Dordrech , London , 2000.
9. A. M. Rubinov, and I. Singer, Topical and sub-topical functions , downward sets and abstract convexity, Optimization , 50 (2001), 307–351.